Thomas creates original and distinctive music for performance, film productions and gallery exhibitions. Blending jazz and new age elements using both electronic and acoustic instruments, Thomas creates adventures in sound that can be profoundly beautiful and deeply mysterious at times.
Thomas has written for numerous film and video productions and worked with award winning directors and producers in the capacity of a composer and musical director/consultant. He is the founding member of New York’s Boutcher/Mangano Jazz Trio and has served as the musical director and adviser for the Music Project at the Custer Observatory. Thomas is also the creator and editor for the web magazine: Local Band For Hire – Inspired Career’s In Music, which features celebrity profiles and interviews that inspire and encourage musicians to be entrepreneurial.
Recent Projects & Titles:
• The Island Bus – Music for the documentary film by Sibylle Meder (featured at 2 Film Festivals 2014)
• Dream Job- Music for 8 part video series on passion driven careers
• Role Models – Music for 6 part video series featuring interviews with top fashion designers
• What About? – Titles and incidental music for an ongoing podcast series on current issues
• Munchco Calling – Music for animated 5 part series.